Look, I don't care who you are, there is no reason you should be texting while driving. Your life will not end if you put the message on hold long enough to pull over, but you might end someone else's life (or your own) if you take your eyes off the road! Texting is worse for you than alcohol, where driving is concerned, and I'm all for the legislative efforts to kill the combination. I'm tired of idiots on the road who are alternately speeding and dropping well below the speed limit, weaving erratically, and generally making life a (dangerous) pain because they think that the world revolves around their cellphone. DROP THE PHONE AND DRIVE!!!
(http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/punditkitchen/~3/7nWHpKWs2oI/)Here's a list of resources to convince you if you disagree.
- Car and Driver: Texting and Driving Worse Than Drinking and Driving
- Virginia Tech: Distracted Drivers Three Times More Likely To Be Involved In An Accident (PDF)
- Wall Street Journal: Are You An Offender?
- NYTimes.com: Utah Gets Tough With Texting Drivers
- InformationWeek: NY Bans Texting and Tweeting While Driving
- UK: Texting While Driving Is Deadly