I started stick online with this post back on 10 November 2008. It’s been just over one year and there are now 162 published posts, running the gamut from short “found” blurbs that took me two seconds to some long, wandering articles that took me days to post and probably aren’t even worth reading. However, in the mix are a few good articles, and I want to highlight (what I think are) the Best of Year One.
- Discipline: I thought about this post for a long time. Deny yourself, take up your cross daily, and follow Christ. That’s the essence of discipline: self control, perseverance, and intentionality.
- Five Core Values: This post I actually can’t claim credit for; it was spawned from the 30 Days To A Better Man series at Art Of Manliness, but it is nonetheless one of my favorite posts. If you’ve never actually written out your values, try it sometime. Then see if you’re actually living out the values you wrote down!
- Fedora 10 (on a MacBook 5,1): According to Google, these two posts made up a whopping 21 percent of traffic to stick online over the past 12 months. While I wish my quiet time and real man posts were more popular, linux software is apparently what drives the website. Oh well.
- Resolutions: It’s weird, because I know that not many people will ever read most of what’s on this website, but putting down resolutions in a forum where anyone could see is really, really motivating. I had never made real New Year’s resolutions before, but this year it’s seemed to work pretty well, and it’s something I’ll definitely be doing again.
- Guard Your Testimony: This was the most profound of my spiritual revelations for the year, and I’m still not done with it. If you’re a Christian, you’re under obligation to be a light. That’s what we’re here for.
Any other posts that you thought were worthwhile? Did I write anything that helped you?