After reading several articles about Chrome on Lifehacker this week, I decided it was time to try Google's browser again. And I think I might keep it.
I've been a die-hard Firefox user since way back when it was called
Phoenix (that was before
and I can't stand browsing the web without my beloved AdBlock. But
Chrome is changing things; it does (almost) everything Firefox does!
- AdBlock: Now on Chrome. “Blocks ads all over the web.”
- AutoPager: Works in Chrome. “Automatically loads the next page of a site inline when you reach the end of the current page for infinite scrolling of content.”
- Find-As-You-Type: There's an extension for that. “Find text or links as you type.”
- FlagFox: Better on Chrome. “Displays country or region name, Google PageRank, Alexa Rank and WOT information for the websites you're visiting.”
- Ghostery: Coming soon to Chrome. “Alerts you about the web bugs, ad networks and widgets on every page on the web.”
Really the only thing I'm missing is FireGPG, but with Thunderbird 3 and Enigmail, I'm good to go for email and encryption… so yeah, Chrome it is. Can you say way faster, and 100/100 on Acid3?