So yeah, I had this drafted weeks and weeks ago and I kept thinking I would rewrite it to not be just bullet points. I decided the bullet points work fine. See the title for my conclusion (after working really hard to like AsciiDoc…).
- No need for HTML in markup document.
- Video iframes already parented.
- Add arbitrary classes to arbitrary elements.
- Citations are
- (Currently) only supported externally in Hugo.
- AsciiDoc document header attributes/metadata (front matter) not supported in Hugo.
- Chroma not set up to highlight from AsciiDoc.
- Not supported in GitHub pages.
- Not supported for README on SourceHut.
- More verbose around code blocks (linenums?).
codeelements space differently with and without
- Requires extra characters for curly quotes.
- I prefer Markdown tables to AsciiDoc tables for writing and plain text reading.
- Limited tooling